#335 – Craig Bruce Changed The Game
On today’s episode of The Daily Talk Show we’re joined by Craig Bruce. Craig is one of Australia’s best radio minds. He spent close to 30 years at Southern Cross Austereo — with a huge amount of experience in leading content teams. He’s played pivotal roles in developing Australia’s biggest radio talent — Hamish and Andy, Jules Lund and Kyle and Jackie-O.
Craig has unique insights into the content that’s shaped mainstream media in Australia and abroad. He now helps radio teams around the world through his consulting business and connects with the industry’s biggest names on and off the microphone with his podcast, Game Changers: Radio.
* The importance of external connections and relationships
* The pressure of picking talent and potential
* Behind the scenes of radio’s biggest personalities
* Generating content ideas and content originality
* Waiting for the phone to ring after finishing at SCA
* Craig’s thoughts on podcasting and mainstream media
* Radio’s only hope
* Restrictions and government regulations on content
* Craig’s relationship with ego and money
* Starting a breakfast show from scratch
* How numbers and surveys affect the content you create
* Bringing an objective perspective to feedback